Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thursday Taster 130: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 
We start right where we left off last week.
 
I remembered that we almost missed it the first time. The time table showed that the bus was supposed to arrived a few minutes earlier. It wasn't there and I tried to consider a new plan if we really had miss it. We couldn't stay here exposed. I couldn't take my eyes away from the car on the other side of the road. They were going to come for us soon enough. I needed a new plan and quickly.
"The bus!" Amy said grabbing my arm.
She seemed happy or relieved but I wasn't, not yet. I was half expecting the guys to rush out of the street and come at us before we were on board.
The light of the bus attracted the attention of the people in the car and their light turned on too, coming in ur direction. The bus stopped in front of us and Amy climbed first. I followed her waiting to figure out if the doors were going to close before anyone from her group of friend was able to get it. We walked to the back, there was noone else in the bus except an old woman with a winter coat that she was hugging as if she was cold. I was once again surprised that anyone could be cold, I was feeling feverish.
The door closed after what seemed to be an eternity and we crossed the car. I could see that Jimmy was the driver but I didn't linger to look at him. I finally took a breath out when the bus finally drove away.
"Where is this bus going?" Amy asked.
"No idea, anywhere is better than here."
Amy started to laugh as I closed my eyes and leaned on the back seat as if it was my savior. In a way, it was.
"Thank you for getting us out of here," Amy said.
"You're welcome."
I answered looking at the houses passing in front of me through the window.
This was a dredged part of town, there was no light what-so-ever. I realised that we had been running in semi-darkness all along and I didn't even notice earlier, it had been so luminous to me, I knew exactly where to go.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment