Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, August 9, 2021

Mystery Monday 107: Murder at the Conference 4

Welcome to Mystery Monday. This week, we continue with Murder at the Conference.


  Let's get back where we left off with chapter 1 last time.

I opened a new box of A4 white paper and took half of it to place it in the printer.

“I'm sure there will be a lot of Chinese organizers to help with our daily needs. They can't possibly let us starve. There might even be a restaurant associated with the conference where people speak English,” I said.

“They didn't say there would be, they didn't say anything. I can't even google where the hotel is and we are arriving at night so there might not be trains to get there. You're right, that's going to be so much fun,” Christa said very sarcastically.

Hopefully in this case, our supervisor was totally oblivious to sarcasm. He took everything very literally which was unnerving at time but help a lot in Christa's case.

“I'm glad you're thinking about having fun but you need to correct your poster first,” he said giving her A4 copy back to Christa. “And I'll need yours.”

The copy was just hot out the printer so I handed it to him directly.

“All right, I'll be back later,” he said before leaving.

I took a deep breath. It was always hard to give my work away, because no matter how hard I tried, I knew it wouldn't be prefect, it couldn't be, my taste and my supervisor's were different. I had tried to remember and apply what he had told me about the last poster but it still wouldn't cut it.

“I can't believe it,” Christa said pushing on her chair and sitting back in front of her PC. “He wants me to change the position of all my graphs because that would be more logical and he wants me to change the scale to logarithmic. I'm sure he'll want it linear again, the logarithmic looks ugly and you can't see anything.”

“You want me to take a look? Maybe you can avoid some of the changes,” I said taking a few steps toward Christa's desk. It was my turn to wait after all so I had some time to help.

“No, I'll do them, he won't be happy unless I do them anyway.”



About Harajuku Kiss

At times, life can be so depressing. She is walking her usual recovery tour in Harajuku, finishing with a crepe, tying to forget that her boyfriend dumped her once again for the week-end... When the unthinkable happens... A boy stops in front of her in the street and kisses her, in to discover more about him, she is dragged into a dangerous game of mystery. A biologist has been murdered and a deadly virus is on the loose. First suspect: the mysterious Harajuku's stranger. 


Get Harajuku Kiss 
itunes  
 
  
 
 
✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment