Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, August 2, 2021

Mystery Monday 106: Murder at the Conference 3

Welcome to Mystery Monday. This week, we continue with Murder at the Conference.


 Let's get back where we left off with chapter 1 last time.

Christa was obviously in a bad mood, there was no need to have a discussion with her. I would have proposed a cup of tea but then Christa didn't like tea and took coffee and the coffee machine was a bit long to process the beverage so that wouldn't help. Christa didn't seem to need caffeine anyway. So I turned back to my screen and my own typos knowing that I would need to print it pretty soon, especially if it took more than an hour to read it. It would be the first read from my supervisor and certainly not the last but my boxes needed to be aligned or he would go crazy. Last time he hadn't corrected anything before they were aligned which was a pain because each correction asked for a new alignment. I would have thought that the content would be more important than the form.

“Plus I didn't want to go to this stupid conference in the first place, it's like working an entire week, without stopping, everybody there is going to be a physicist, nobody is ever going to talk about anything else and I don't want to leave my boyfriend for so long,” Christa continued.

“I promise you it's going to be fun, plus it's China, I have never been there, you have never been there and there is so much culture and so many things to see,” I answered. “Done!”

I took a few second to admire my art that would be tempered with, sighed and pressed the print button. The printer started with a short beep, followed by a longer one.

“Damn, I need to add paper,” I said standing up.

“Yeah, I think I used the last one. And China, I don't know, it's still communist you know, it can't be that good, especially where we are going, I mean it's not like if it was Bejing or Shanghai. I'm sure it's going to be weird. And how am I going to order at the restaurant, I don't speak Chinese. I don't even read kanji, I learned only 80, it's like first grade, the second grade kanjis wouldn't stick and I think it's useless because you always need to combine them anyway and they don't mean the same anymore. Plus the Chinese have different one. I won't even be able to read the food on the menu,” Christa continued.



About Harajuku Kiss

At times, life can be so depressing. She is walking her usual recovery tour in Harajuku, finishing with a crepe, tying to forget that her boyfriend dumped her once again for the week-end... When the unthinkable happens... A boy stops in front of her in the street and kisses her, in to discover more about him, she is dragged into a dangerous game of mystery. A biologist has been murdered and a deadly virus is on the loose. First suspect: the mysterious Harajuku's stranger. 


Get Harajuku Kiss 
itunes  
 
 

 

✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment