Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, July 26, 2021

Mystery Monday 105: Murder at the Conference 2

Welcome to Mystery Monday. This week, we continue with murder at the conference.


 Let's get back where we left off with chapter 1 last time.

Christa had been at it for more than an hour looking at her watch occasionally and sighting heavily. She had already printed the small version of her poster and given it to our supervisor and she was waiting for correction.
“Just sit down and read it until you find a typo,” I said finally looking up from my own poster, I hadn't been able to concentrate for a while, my thoughts wondering to the conference and who I might meet there. I enjoyed conferences maybe a bit too much. Traveling was one of the best part of the job. Then there was the never ending talks I tried to understand, others when I just tried not to fall asleep. The people, the new friends I would make or the old friends I would meet again. It was often the same people at conferences, all experts in the field. Then the food, the little cakes and tea during the break, the restaurants for lunch, the massive conference dinner, always with something entertaining happening and people getting drunk and taking about physics all the same. And the evening plans and week-end travels. I had already picked up what I wanted to see, that was on my own money though, but still worth it.
Right now, I just couldn't take Christa walking endlessly anymore.
Christa turned around hands on her hips in position akibo.
“There is no typos!” She said firmly.
“Come on, there is always typos.”
That was a thing I had learned. It didn't really matter how careful you were, a new pair of eyes would always find a typo you had missed and that would throw everything out of balance again, especially in latex where every letter counts. Plus it was infuriating to make silly mistake.
“Maybe because English is not your first language, but it's mine, and I know how to write and how to correct myself, there is no typos, my poster is perfect, I just don't understand what takes him so long,” Christa answered.



About Harajuku Kiss

At times, life can be so depressing. She is walking her usual recovery tour in Harajuku, finishing with a crepe, tying to forget that her boyfriend dumped her once again for the week-end... When the unthinkable happens... A boy stops in front of her in the street and kisses her, in to discover more about him, she is dragged into a dangerous game of mystery. A biologist has been murdered and a deadly virus is on the loose. First suspect: the mysterious Harajuku's stranger. 


Get Harajuku Kiss 
itunes  
 


 

✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment