Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, May 25, 2018

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 174

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!



Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him. Viorel discovered that he can change into a wolf but that's not the easiest thing to handle.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

I startle to the ghostly apparition in the center of my room. Through the curtains of my bed I could only see a white figure walking toward me. I smiled recognizing the lavender smell. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. It was early morning and I still felt tired of the night out hunting with my dad. My mum pulled on the curtain softly, I felt her looking at me for a moment before lying herself next to me, her body was warm and soft in my back has her chest raised up and down. The way she was breathing I knew that she had been crying. She hated it when we were killing people during the hunt. Tonight we had been very far from the castle to a secluded village in the mountains and we had drunk to our heart content. The older vampire were always the first to drink because they knew exactly when to stop before killing, then it was my turn, just in case something turned bad they would generally stop me. But there were time when we couldn’t stop and when we really felt like drinking until the end we would go further away and had fun on people who didn’t pay the blood fees to keep there life. My father knew that my mum hated to see him kill humans and didn’t always join but at time he needed to be himself.

“You know Viorel, you need to learn to chose for yourself what is righteous and what isn’t. You can’t let people shame you for being who you are. You can’t let the rest of this coven decide if you want to be closer to what you mother believe in or if you want to be more like them, there is nothing wrong at choosing one side or the other but there is no incompatibility with being both. You have something rare, wolves and vampire have been enemies for century, the wolves have moved back in far away Grand duchy of Muscovy and come down here only to escape the terrible winter. You only have your mum here to teach you the values and the heritage from this side of your family. On the other side you have me to teach you the experience and the greatness and powers of the vampire but you have example all around you as well. Despite that you are the only one who can decide who you want to be,” my father said.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment