Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Thursday Fiction 137: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventure of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.


Let's start right where we left off last week.

"I might black out more than usual today," I said matter of factly.
"You mean take a nap in the middle of class," Alex answer laughing pouring himself some coffee.
I hated the smell of coffee in the morning, it made me nauseated.
"I wish," I said walking out with my toasts.
Amy walked after me.
"Anything special about today? You didn't black out even once yesterday evening," she said.
"That's the point I didn't black out in my sleep either so I might have to catch up on it, sorta," I said.
"Really? Is this how it works?"
She followed me in my room and we sat at my desk with the rest of our breakfast.
"Well, I'm not sure. My mother gave me pills once to stop the black out, just after a while they stopped working and the black out came back all at once," I said.
"So did you take the pills to go to the party?" Amy asked.
"No, I'll never take one of those again, that was awful," I said.
"You drunk alcohol last night could that have the same effect," Amy asked.
"I wouldn't know, that was a first," I said, "Don't worry too much, at worse I'll just have to copy my notes from Alex."
"Oh, he is going to enjoy that and he will never leave you alone about the party after that," she said.
"I can leave with that," I answered, "I can also punch him in the nose. I was two fingers away to kick Mike-nick somewhere last night."
"I'm not the only one who didn't catch his name," Amy said laughing.
"It was terrible," I said.
"It was," she answered.
"How are you going to deal with it today?" I asked.
"They are all second year so I don't have to see them and Tamara won't be coming to class anyway, after party hangover."
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Yeah, the others are probably going to want to know about it so I might tell them it was boring and that I came home early, that might get me more interesting and safe friends," Amy said.
"I sure hope so."
Alex knocked at the open door. I wondered how long he had been standing there.
"So how was the party," he asked.
"Awesome!" I said, "really good music and not too loud, nice guys to dance with, pretty fruity drinks. Nice ride back. You should have come really."
Amy opened big eyes at me. I pretended not to notice and dive in my last toast to avoid a guilty smile. If it was true that Alex was the good kid with her parents, there were things he didn't need to know. What he didn't know couldn't hurt him.





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment