Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Thursday Fiction 136: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventure of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.

 
Let's start right where we left off last week.


Thinking of which, I wondered why I didn't black out yet. It had been hours since the fire. Maybe my theory that I don't black out when I'm in danger was actually correct. Maybe there was a safely switch somehow and I wouldn't black out if someone or something could hurt me. Somehow I was grateful to have been lucid during the entire time at the bar. I couldn't let myself to imagine what they would have done to me if I was blacked out.
My other preoccupation now as I lied under my comforting blanket was that Amy would have to face Tamara alone tomorrow. I didn't know how she was going to do that. I didn't think there was a possibility for a relapse but I couldn't be sure. If Tamara was to sugar coat everything that happened and invent a story to convince Amy to get back to the group, I didn't know how Amy would react. The thing is, she was desperate enough to please her parents with good grades that she had felt the need to cheat for it. I couldn't get my head around it. It was so different from anything I had seen before. I feel asleep thinking about it hoping that I would slip to a world that would be able to give me some answers.

I didn't black out. I woke up feeling like I was late to class. The alarm hadn't ring and when I looked at it it showed seven thirty. I still had thirty minutes of sleep left. I never woke but before the alarm. I fell back on my pillow looking at the ceiling before deciding that something had to be wrong with the alarm. I stood up to get my phone on the desk and it said seven thirty two. I couldn't shake the feeling of being late away though. It was as if something was really wrong with me. I didn't black out. I had a full night sleep without blacking out and that was not normal. It never happened. The only thing that ever made the black out go away were the pills my mother had forced on me and the retribution was a sort of never ending black out afterwards. I couldn't go on a forever black out here. I took a deep breath and look at myself in the mirror. My clothes where still in the sink so I took away the water and put them to dry before going for breakfast. Amy was already in the kitchen.
"Too excited about today to sleep," she said as a form of greeting.
I realized that I wasn't the only one emotionally jumpy and so I blamed it on the party.
"What are you girls doing here?" Alex asked entering the room.
"Having breakfast before class obviously," Amy said.
He was convinced that we were going to stay up all night and would never make it to the morning class and he could have been right but a part of me was happy that we were both proving him wrong.




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment