Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thursday Taster 123: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.

We start right where we left off last week.

Jimmy had arrived. I couldn't see him at first with all the people standing around me but they seemed to move around to make a way for him to get to the table. Jimmy had short dark and spicky hair that I wanted to touch just to have a feel which wasn't really like me. There was no way his hair could stay up like that naturally and I reminded myself that gel for guys was always annoyingly sticky. I had heard that many girl complain about that on their boyfriend. He had dark brown eyes and a gorgeous smile.

"Wow, that's Jimmy," Amy yelled in my ear, "I wonder if he has a girlfriend."

And I wondered if Amy had ever heard of sticky hair. Why was he late and why was everybody so happy to see him, I didn't know. He clapped all the guys on the back and smiled at every girls before turning to Amy and me.

"So those are the new recruits," he said.

Some how I didn't have trouble to read his lips and hear him but I didn't like the way he was saying it. It felt a bit wrong, his teeth seemed too long when he smiled, like a predator and I was the prey. I pushed my glass away from me. This time I wasn't drinking anymore. It was as if Jimmy's presence had turned on my danger radar on big time. Not the nervousness I had been feeling so far, the black out type of world recognition that was telling me each time, where are you and what is the problem at hand? Fix it then you can go home. Except that this time it wasn't the body of one of my other selves I was in, it was mine.

"So lets the game beginning so that we can go to the party," Jimmy said passing his hand in his hair. He had a tattoo on his wrist. I couldn't make up the sign but I had seen it somewhere before.

"I think I saw Jimmy before, he looks familiar," I said to Amy who seemed totally mesmerized by him. She couldn't take her eyes away from him.

"He is in third year, and he work in a lab we toured on the first day," she yelled back in my ears without taking her eyes from him.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

2 comments: