Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Thursday Taster 120: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 
We start right where we left off last week.
 
Tamara was right to say that it was more a bar then a club, but the music was so loud that we couldn't hear each other talking without being two centimeters from mouth to ear and the smoke was so thick they I doubted the law against cigarette in public place ever reached this corner of the city. I wasn't used to smoke, my mother didn't smoke and I was coughing, it was disgusting.
But that wasn't what worried me the most as I followed Amy, who followed Tamara, in the middle of the crowed toward somewhere I couldn't even see. What worried me were the streets around, they had the narrowness, the bad lightening and the disgusting putrid smell of detritus I had remembered from the other world. It was far from reassuring.
We reached a table already crowded with girls sitting two on a chair or on boys's knees.
"Hi everyone," Tamara yelled as she left her handbag on the already pilled handbag in the corner. Than made me happy to be more a backpack girl than a handbag girl and I kept mine on my back, you never know when you will need to run.
People waved and said things I couldn't hear. The music was vibrating in my ears and I wonder why people wanted to sit here. Tamara had said that the club was more like a bar and this was a bar as nobody was dancing, people were sitting or standing in groups with drinks and they couldn't talk to each other. There was no way to run out of here without making a mess. I looked around trying to relax. It was my first time in a place like this. I felt a bit disoriented, the same feeling of being stuck I had with the fire except that people were all around me. I tried to calm myself down but there was no use. Amy on the contrary had a huge smile from ear to ear. She was enjoying this.
She leaned closer to my ear to yell but her voice barely made it above the sound of the music.
"Isn't it amazing? I feel like an adult."
I nodded. I didn't want to break her fun but this was as far away as being an adult as I could imagine. I wouldn't have been a lot better studying in Alex room. I would have been much better on a spaceship doing things I had no idea how to do. This was too much.
Tamara leaned toward Amy's ear before walking away.
"She said to sit, she is getting us drinks," Amy yelled at me before inviting me to share half of her chair after one of the boys stood up to leave it for us.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment