Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, June 3, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 72

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.

“You know, whatever happened in your past even something or someone really important, as long as you are here, the only connection you have to it is in your head”, Perenelle said insisting on the “someone really important”. I didn’t know how but she knew.
“I needed to go protect someone”, I said.
“That someone”, Perenelle continued slowly, “can wait for you. She is probably waiting right now, and she knows that the day you come back it will be for good and it will be because you can save her. You don’t want to go there and show her that you can’t do anything and make her suffer more, right?”
I looked at her, wondering how she could how that, she didn’t know who I was and who Sorina was and she didn’t know what the vampires were able to do to her. Who was she to tell me to stay here because I couldn’t protect the only person who really mattered to me?
As if she had read my thoughts she pushed the box containing the philosopher stone closer to me.
“Try it again, get what you need to know?” she said looking at me.
“Perenelle”, Nicolas said, wanting to take the box away. But she put her hand on his arm to stop him and they exchanged an understanding look in that language that only they could understand.
I looked at the box as if it contained all the answers, and I realized it actually contained them. My past and maybe my future was in there, contained in that little white and warm stone. It was so tempting but Perenelle’s words where turning in my head with Sorina’s smile on the top of it. She was so beautiful. I pushed the box away. “So how the regression actually works”, I said.
Perenelle smiled and got up to start tiding the kitchen. Nicolas didn’t seem to understand the way things were progressing but he was also happy to go back to something he knew about.
“So, regeneration would mean that the body is just healing itself from old age, deceases, repairing its cells and therefore looking younger. On the contrary regression would mean that the cells’ evolution is reversing. Instead of aging it’s rejuvenate and I don’t know yet where the process will end”, he said.
It was clear to me. I didn’t want to get too young. I didn’t really know how young my cell could get, vampire anatomy was a mystery for me but I knew I needed all that knowledge to protect Sorina. At first I had came here for myself and I had one goal to find who I was for myself but that hadn’t been enough to motivate me. As soon as I felt safe here I could let go of my research I could let go and let time carry me away but now I had something else to keep me going something a lot more important. “So we could test it on body samples, I’ll give you everything you need”, I said.
“I’m not sure, if it will react the same on dead cells and living cells but that can be a beginning”, he said.
“We can also use plants or… animals” I almost said humans. I almost forgot who I was talking to. All I could think about was that I needed that knowledge fast, to see Sorina as soon as possible. Nicolas smiled.
“You know where my limits are”, he said.
“I know that I won’t go over them”, I answered. We looked at each other in silence as if we were concluding to some understanding.
Perenelle poured some more warm cider in the glasses and sat at the table.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment