Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Thursday Taster 98: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
We start right where we left off last week. 

"So why do you faint all the time?" Amy asked as I tried to order what I understood from my very first official university lecture. I had blacked out again during it, for a hole twenty minutes. I had to copy things from Alex after the class and of course he had told Amy everything.
"I don't know," I said.
Which was true, the doctor didn't know why I fainted, my parents didn't know why I fainted. Now I couldn't possibly give her my theory that I was traveling to parallel worlds because the other version of me in these worlds needed my help. I couldn't say that a certain Pithy of Delphi in a version of our universe where the Pithy of Dephi still existed believed that I was doing it to answer some personal questions.
"You must have some kind of clue," Amy said.
She stood up from her desk, she had been the one asking me over to do homework even though I didn't have any homework to do yet and even if I had some she had been talking non-stop so I would have been unable to concentrate.
"Not the slightest clue," I said.
"So what's this about," she said pointing at my travel diary. It was a bit more direct than her brother's approach but it didn't make me more comfortable.
"I kinda dream when I black out so I'm recording what I remember," I said.
She opened her closet, all her clothes were hangs and fold neatly in it. I hadn't bothered unpacking yet.
"What kind of dreams?"
"It can be anything really," I said.
"So there is this party on Thursday night," she said.
I was happy for the change of topic but I wasn't too sure I wanted to talk about partying either, especially in the middle of the week.
"It's the first party this semester, you know parties are always on Thursday," she said.
"Yes, that's why the amphitheaters are all empty on Friday's, because the students need to recover but I still can't miss my classes," I answered.
"I never said we'll miss classes but I am a student and I want to enjoy every single little thing about the student live," she said.
"And what does Alex think about it," I answered.
"Of course I haven't told him, he had never been invited to a single party through high-school and even when he could come because I was invited, he wouldn't," she said.
"Really," It was true that Alex didn't hit me like the party type but I didn't think he would miss high-school parties either.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. Thursday parties seem to me a bad idea. I never lived at the university, though.

    ReplyDelete