Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, March 27, 2023

Mystery Monday 161: Murder at the Conference 58

Hello and welcome to a new Mystery Monday.

I hope you had a great week-end. Here is a new little part of Murder at the Conference. Murder at the Conference is a stand alone sequel to Harajuku Kiss.

We start right were we left off last week:

“Or a job... there is a lot of competition in academia, it's only just you who don't compete with anyone because your view of science is a romantic one: “I do physics to increase the interest in general knowledge of mankind and push further our understanding of the universe. Most people are in for money or fame, and awards, and tons of papers, really, it's only you.”

I laughed but somehow I felt that he was right. When people started to complain that our work was competing with experimentally driven theory, yes, theory relying on experiments is a thing, I refused to compete. I just thought that people who would want to know both, it didn't matter. But in a way we are competing for computer time and if people read another paper, they might not have the time to read mine and so on. Competition everywhere, but in science, we really need each other, each of us can do their own thing and if someone stop working on their project it can be years, decades before someone else picks it up. Or it can even be forgotten forever for more "important" things. That's why I don't like it when people in science are forced to retired, they have unique and invaluable knowledge to bring to the world for the future generations and every little helps. And that's why I don't want to enter the competition because we need as many people as we can get to make things progress further.

 


About Harajuku Kiss

At times, life can be so depressing. She is walking her usual recovery tour in Harajuku, finishing with a crepe, tying to forget that her boyfriend dumped her once again for the week-end... When the unthinkable happens... A boy stops in front of her in the street and kisses her, in to discover more about him, she is dragged into a dangerous game of mystery. A biologist has been murdered and a deadly virus is on the loose. First suspect: the mysterious Harajuku's stranger. 


Get Harajuku Kiss 
itunes  
 
 
 

✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment