Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, September 13, 2021

Mystery Monday 112: Murder at the Conference 9

Welcome to Mystery Monday. This week, we continue with Murder at the Conference.

 


Let's get back where we left off with chapter 1 last time.

“It's only two weeks, what am I supposed to forget?”

“Oh yeah, that's true you also have a meeting in Beijing,” she answered with a shrug.

I was meeting several friends later all over China and flying back from Beijing instead of flying directly from the conference. It had been a bit difficult to pull off and organised because the university here didn't like me to stay idle for the few days of the weekend before meeting my friend at his company. I didn't care all that much though. I just wanted to see China as much as I could as I was there for the first time and it was rather difficult to get a visa for a french person. I think I got mine so easily only because it was a conference and I was in Japan.

At first, I thought Christa would be happy to join in a mini China tour so I invited her to participate but she had issues about staying at backpackers hostels and then about taking trains when she couldn't speak Chinese and to finish, she also had boyfriend issues and didn't want to leave him all alone in Japan for so long. That made me cringe a little bit. There was nothing long about taking a trip for two weeks with one week at a conference for work and something with more leisure at the end, at least if you were in a normal relationship. But once again, I knew the guy and I could see her reservation. She wasn't supposed to have fun or even work properly, she was supposed to be at his disposal when he wanted her and if she wasn't there, well he would definitely break up with her like he did with me.

Her phone rang again.

“He is downstairs.”

Christa looked a bit pitiful and I was glad I wasn't the one in this situation anymore. Sometimes, it made me feel a bit guilty that he was taking it on her now but she had made her choice.

She stood up and started packing.

“You're done with the changes?” I asked knowing all too well that she probably wasn't.



About Harajuku Kiss

At times, life can be so depressing. She is walking her usual recovery tour in Harajuku, finishing with a crepe, tying to forget that her boyfriend dumped her once again for the week-end... When the unthinkable happens... A boy stops in front of her in the street and kisses her, in to discover more about him, she is dragged into a dangerous game of mystery. A biologist has been murdered and a deadly virus is on the loose. First suspect: the mysterious Harajuku's stranger. 


Get Harajuku Kiss 
itunes  
 
 
 
 

✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment