Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, August 23, 2021

Mystery Monday 109: Murder at the Conference 6

Welcome to Mystery Monday. This week, we continue with Murder at the Conference.


 Let's get back where we left off with chapter 1 last time.

I didn't answer. Mine was going to take forever too, but I didn't have a date. Seiji would probably cook something and wait at home until I was ready, I had warned him that pre-conference time was doubling my hours. I had already stayed to the laboratory until 3am the day before sending my conference paper and now, well, it wouldn't be that bad for the poster, just two or three more hours, at least if my supervisor was to give the corrections back soon.

Talking about the wolf, he entered the den once more.

“Here,” he handed me the red paper and started walking away.

“Excuse me sir, I don't think I can put this graph in linear,” I said.

Christa turned around and rolled her eyes at me.

My supervisor came back to my desk. I did a few manipulation in my xmgrace file and showed it to him.

“Can you change the scale and cut the last part of the data in the high range?”

I did. It made me cringe a little because I had worked really hard to get accuracy in this part of the data. The laser frequency was so high that the code became highly sensitive to minor change and convergence was really hard to reach. Plus my poster was entitled for intense laser field and so was my paper, the title had to be consistent from one to the other and the paper had already been submitted and accepted. And oh, I didn't want to change that graph.

The graph however didn't show anything conclusive in linear scale even for weak field only. We already had that discussion when we submitted the paper and he obviously had forgotten all about it once again.

“Ok, leave it as it is,” he said. “But do the rest, I want less significant digit in the table so that it will look better, the numbers are in your paper anyway so people can refer to that and I want you to add a column with the numbers of the people we compare with.”

He stood up straight again.



About Harajuku Kiss

At times, life can be so depressing. She is walking her usual recovery tour in Harajuku, finishing with a crepe, tying to forget that her boyfriend dumped her once again for the week-end... When the unthinkable happens... A boy stops in front of her in the street and kisses her, in to discover more about him, she is dragged into a dangerous game of mystery. A biologist has been murdered and a deadly virus is on the loose. First suspect: the mysterious Harajuku's stranger. 


Get Harajuku Kiss 
itunes  
 
 
 
 

✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment