Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Sunday, May 10, 2020

WeWriWar 327: The House at the Crossing 33

 
Hello everybody and welcome for a new Sunday of writing with Weekend Writing Warrior and Snippet Sunday!
Let's continue with  "The House at the Crossing" and it's a prequel to Demon Soul and the demon series. It's a bit of a mix of Fantasy and Science-fiction.
It follows one of the books more obscure character as she first come into the House. It's suppose to explain why there are so many people is the house and sort of where they come from and at the same time be a first time adventure for the main character as she needs to adapt to her new role and the new version of who she is. 


Let's start right at where we left off last week !









I close my eyes and shake my head from left to right before putting it in my hands and taking a few deep breathes. I feel tired. I have no idea what Teresa is talking about. She doesn't make much sense. All I feel right now is tired and half crazy and I think I'm seeing things.
“You'll adapt my dear, just like I did,” Teresa said. “If you couldn't, you wouldn't be the guardian.”
“I don't understand, I shouldn't have come here.”
I stand up again but the two other versions of me stay sitting like they agree to this. I search inside of me for a part of me that wouldn't be distress by this but I can't find any. This place is doing something to me and I'm sure I don't like it. I believe I don't like it, I think I don't like it. I don't know, I just... sit back.


✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

16 comments:

  1. I have a scene in the book I'm snippeting from that's similar to your--a 14-year-old boy who sees multiple 'ghost' versions of himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting, are they ghosts because they are dead or just some different kind of apparitions?

      Delete
  2. I bet she feels like she'd losing it. I'm not sure I'd like to be a guardian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she definitely has too. Kind of too much information. I wonder how the other versions of her are doing too but I haven't written any of that.

      Delete
  3. I liked the end where she mirrors the other "hers" sitting, despite how much they upset her. It was then I felt the sense she was accepting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think at this stage it would be weird to snap and get out.

      Delete
  4. Great description of her spinning thoughts and confusion. Yet she's strong enough to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the fatigue and the confusion - really a well done snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful writing. You really showed her confusion and how disorienting it is to her.

    FYI, we just relaxed the rules on wewriwa. I wrote about it on my 8sunday post this week. Participants will no longer have to change punctuation or write run-on sentences to stay within wewriwa guidelines.

    Have a wonderful week, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's good. I'll still try not to make it too long.

      Delete
  7. Nice job with this! I can totally feel her confusion, then acceptance when she sits back down... but I don't think she's done with her denial, yet? ~ Karysa Faire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh now, she is going to experience it to accept it. It's going to get a lot worse.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful description of her whirling thoughts and confusion. From the beginning, I haven't understood this story, but your writing keeps me coming back. :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you keep coming. It means I must be doing something right.

      Delete