Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Sunday, April 12, 2020

WeWriWar 323: The House at the Crossing 29

 
Hello everybody and welcome for a new Sunday of writing with Weekend Writing Warrior and Snippet Sunday!
Let's continue with  "The House at the Crossing" and it's a prequel to Demon Soul and the demon series. It's a bit of a mix of Fantasy and Science-fiction.
It follows one of the books more obscure character as she first come into the House. It's suppose to explain why there are so many people is the house and sort of where they come from and at the same time be a first time adventure for the main character as she needs to adapt to her new role and the new version of who she is. 

Is anyone participating to Camp NaNoWriMo? I probably should but I haven't started yet. I have been crocheting like crazy on a blanket project for a CAL.

Stay home people, stay safe. Lots of books to write anyway!


Let's start right at where we left off last week !




“But why were your parents not... fragmented?” The word feels strange to me.
I feel whole as it is, I don't need the other version of me to be absorbed into, me and what will happen to Hiroshi?
“My parents weren't here to guard the house. When they went out, they only needed their true sense of self when they came back, like the one you are experiencing right now, the one you've experienced your entire life, the version of you in the reality created by your choices and the memories that goes with them.”
I almost interrupted but Teresa rose a hand to stop me and continued.
“Have you ever wondered what would have happened if you hadn't made certain choices? Like that last party you missed because you were home in your pajama and didn't want to bother getting dressed. Or what if you had studied something different? Or what if you had chosen a different restaurant that day and met someone else? Have you ever wondered what would have happened then?”


✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

5 comments:

  1. I wonder the same thing about my own life on occasion. Great question to think about on a Sunday morning... LOVE the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really such an unusual story and I love the way the aunt is asking all those 'what if' questions...great snippet! I also like that your heroine has such a strong sense of herself, not fragmented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her questions are a great way of introducing the 'many worlds' hypothesis of Quantum Theory. I'm doing Camp NaNo and it's going well. I've had massive troubling writing during the lockdown, but once I commit publicly I'm usually pretty dogged about following through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying this story unfolding more and more each week. Such a world it’s in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Occasionally, I've wondered if I'd made different choices, then I think about the life I have and am happy. This story makes me think about alternate universes.

    ReplyDelete