Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Tuesday Travel 27: Witch Raising: The Book of Fire

Welcome to Tuesday Travel. Every Tuesday, I will be presenting an excerpt of Witch Raising: The Book of Fire, the book in which Brownie, the heroine of Demon Soul, is undertaking an initiatory journey. 

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay
About Witch Raising: The Book of Fire

Witch Raising is a new series with Brownie, the heroine of Demon Soul as the main character. This series is part of the House at the Crossing Series and follows Demon Soul and Demon and Fairy but instead of being centered on the adventure of Sahel and his demon friends, it follows Brownie as she goes from being a normal girl to a bad ass witch. She has been practicing magick for a while now, saving people from difficult situations but the people at the house, including Sahel aren't happy with her new calling. Feeling that she doesn't have a choice and has to keep learning witchcraft, Brownie leaves to meet other witches.

The excerpt, we start where we left off last week

Dylan had the habit to enter the house from the kitchen window when he came back from a hunt late at night, or more accurately, early in the morning. It had the advantage to be often opened to help remove the smell from the humans' cooking and not to be a door. The thing was that for a vampire, you never really know if you are going to be able to cross the door. Of course he had already been invited in but if for some reason the ownership of the house changed or someone put a prank on the house, well the door didn't feel that safe especially if he was in a hurry for some shadow. He had never really considered that a window would be as bad and keep him stuck outside he just weren't thinking that far. Truth was he was way more comfortable flying in and landing to close the curtains than landing outside and open a door that might be locked.
He had distracted Sahel just long enough for Brownie to slip out, it took the girl forever. At times, the vampire wondered how human could do anything. She had almost broken her cup of tea climbing on the edge and she hadn't even bothered to be careful with the curtains. Now he would have to check for sunburns and use Daciana stupid banana coconut sun cream. It smelled terrible, like fruits and what vampire wanted to go out in the sun anyway, smelling like a coconuts, like seriously.
“Thanks for the help,” Brownie said entering the vampire's den.
“No worries.” Dylan said.
Viorel was sitting at his desk and Daciana seemed to be asleep on the couch facing the wall. Most likely she didn't want to participate to anything going on.
“Are you sure that's how you want to do it though?” Viorel asked.
“No, that's not what I want to do,” Brownie said. “What I want is a boyfriend who supports me in my choice to get to the magic retreat to get better at fixing it inside of me. What I want is to have Antoine taking me there, so that he would know where I am and be able to bring Sahel or any of you there whenever you need me. But that's not going to happen, because if anyone ever know where I am, Sahel would come, not on a friendly term and I can't guaranty anyone safety. I can't even guaranty you'll be ok with him around if I'm not here, not anymore.”
“We'll take care of everything here, I know that it will be hard without your magic around especially after what you did for Kallisto. There are a lot of things we can do that nobody was aware of and probably even more than that that not even you are aware of but you can't continue using it while you have some spell menacing to back fire. And we all know that, so you go, do what you have to do, and we'll held the fort while you are away,” Viorel said.

✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment