Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Thursday Fiction 240: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventures of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay
Let's start right where we left off last week.

And I rose my hand. A few more hand came in the end and Lieutenant Fin started to move around the crowd, counting. I was counting too damn it. Tucker was counting too.
"176 votes for the captain against 65 for general Tucker," Lieutenant Fin finally said.
"That's impossible, you changed the count in her favor," Tucker said menacing Fin with his fist.
The council members looked at each other and the one closed to me with his long white bear stood up slowly.
"We can see from here that the count is 178 votes for the captain and 65 for you general. You want your pilots to be included, don't you captain?"
He seemed to be smiling, but it was a strange smile without moving up the corners of his lips. It was still reassuring.
"Yes," I said loud and clear, "everyone aboard this ship has equal right to a vote."
"In that case, this leaves you in charge, please take good care of us and lead us to Antares."
I could feel the vibration of animosity running through the council members who hadn't vote for me but they all stood up and left the room first.
"Thank you for trusting me and for those of you who don't trust me yet, I will not fail you either. Now you can go back to your post and let's get out of this asteroid belt together."
If we had had drinks I would have given a toast to Antares or to democracy, or to both.
Tucker stood straight as an I but he seemed to have lost his dot.
"This won't end here," he said.
I smiled.
"I know."
I turned to two of the guards left in the room.
"Get him out of my face, he is assigned to his cabin without possibilities to communicate with anyone onboard or back home. Please make sure to enforce the rule by any mean necessary."
"You can't do this, if the confederation doesn't hear from me..."

✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment