Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Thursday Fiction 236: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventures of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.

Image by Gordon Johnson from Pixabay
Let's start right where we left off last week.

"Is that it?" I asked Tucker.
"What else do you want me to say. The confederation wants you out, you are a danger for yourself and for the rest of us. I'll take care of this ship and bring us all home!"
"All right then, my turn." I offered the crowed a large smile.
They calmed down and mostly focus on me. I took it as my turn to start.
"What can I say, I'm a brat!" I paused and looked at them.
"They gave me the ship, you would guess that means I can do it, right? I know every single little part of the engine and of the computer program on it. I know how it works, why? Because my father said it was important. You know, it runs in me, the hereditary law says so. But genes are not enough. Are my genes going to tell me how to fix the second engine when it is sabotaged. I'm sorry to break the news so abruptly to some of you but there are people in here who want to stop our mission of badly, who are so scared of what is awaiting us in the unknown part of the universe that they would rather sabotage the ship than let us win. Because it's all about winning. I know that people have already been to Antares but the datas are not accessible, even to your captain, which make us pioneer. Which make us of the race of our ancestors, the one who decided that their planet wasn't enough and that they wanted to see the world, to figure out for yourself. So yes, I'm a brat and I don't follow the rules. I decided to change the way we defend ourselves instead of using a method which has long been uncovered by the enemy. What happened? Did it fail? Did we die? No! We are all still standing here to discuss it. It wasn't an easy decision. It was a decision of trust. I trusted Lieutenant Fin's calculation and it works. We had almost no damage. What would have happened if I had followed the rules? Would the enemy have seen through our usual preparation? Maybe, maybe not. The thing is I did what was right and it works. When you go to the cafeteria, do you ask the cook if he followed the recipe? Did you check if the flavor is exactly the same it was the last time you ate? No, you trust that the cook even if he decide to slightly modify the recipe will still know how to please you palate, because he is a cook. That's his job."

✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment