Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Thursday Fiction 226: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventures of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.


Let's start right where we left off last week.


"You meant that your mum didn't know that she was being a pain to you," Alex said. "I can't hardy believe that."
"She thought she was doing the right thing."
"I'm sorry to break you the bad news, but the reason why she is not talking to you is not because she is feeling guilty, it's just because she had a plan and it failed. She wanted to manipulate you to get what was good for her and that's all, it was never about you, it was always about her. My parents are the same, always have been. What ever you do, as long as it looks good on them it's fine, if you do something that makes them like they fail at parents they'll make you pay for it," Alex said.
"So what's the big difference between you studying theoretical physics or engineering anyway?"
"Their own limited understanding," Alex answered. "It's easy for them to explain to their friends that I'm an engineer and that I create, feel the blanks with whatever they believe is cool enough and understandable enough. It's a lot harder to say that their son is doing research in a field that has really little to do with reality. Have you never heard about the stigmas on theoretical physics, about it being useless, about people doing research but never finding anything? If my father has to explain to their clients that his son is doing something so unpractical, it looks bad on him. Like he raised someone who think he can waste money to study something useless."
"But Amy looking for space dinosaurs is ok?"
"Well they don't know about the space dinosaurs yet and she carefully avoided telling them and I didn't feel like spilling the beans either, not my problem, I had enough the first time I talked to them about her changing classes. Anyway, at this point it would be my fault for showing her the door to things that don't exist."



✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment