Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Thursday Fiction 208: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventures of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.
Let's start right where we left off last week.

"What is you could find a way to stop fainting completely," Amy said.
"I don't want to," I answered.
"But why is it so important," she asked.
"Because it defines who I am," I said.
I had never really thought about it that way before but that was true. Blacking out was who I am. My mother had tried to make me feel that being sick and disabled was who I am and that I needed to get ride of it or stop my life for it. But somehow it was the opposite. Yes, I was different and from an external point of view I couldn't possibly be happy with that sort of dangerous difference that had me fail to be present for part of my life which could be important. But from my internal point of view, it was empowering. It was like living hundreds of lifes, it was like seeing things nobody else could see, having all those stories, all those experiences. And I didn't feel like I missed much. Everything I was missing here was easily caught up. Today I had missed a few minutes of reading which I'm going to read later anyway and I had missed cooking with Amy. In exchanged I had pissed of Tucker by locking him up and I had figured out a lot of things about the sabotage of my spaceship and about Antares and Michelle's father. Most of the time I had to say that it was definitely a winning exchange.
"I don't think a disability should define who you are, you can be so much more than that," Amy was saying. "You can be everything you want to be. You were the one who showed me that, that I didn't need to be what other people planned from me that I can go look for my own dinosaurs."
"Dinosaurs?"






http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment