Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Thursday Fiction 207: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventures of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.


Let's start right where we left off last week.
  
"And you know htat because of organic chemistry," I said.
"Yeah of course," Amy said caressing a book cover.
"You're nuts, let's eat," I said.
There was no way she was honest with me and that was bothering me a little because I could have been honest with her. I could have told her about the travel and Fin and Alex who were the same and everything. I felt like I needed someone to talk too and the only person I could think of were in an other universe, or my seven year old brother. I used to have a best friend but it turned out that as much as she was my best friend I wasn't hers and her real best friend didn't like me much around so it ended up like one of us had to be out of the picture and of course it had to be the girl who can't stay conscious for an entire birthday party and has to ruin it by being rushed by her mother to the hospital. Not to say that my mother was the only parent present who wouldn't live the kid room. So yeah, I could have used a friend but I thought Amy was trying a bit too hard to be mine and that wouldn't do. You don't get people to like you just by trying hard. In my book, either they like you or they don't and if they don't trying hard would piss them of. Amy was trying hard. I kind of liked her thought but it felt like a lie so I wasn't ready to share everything with her which was a shame really. The thing is, I liked her a bit better before, when she was the party type because somehow she seemed to have everything I didn't. She had the cool twin brother and the fashion and she was to have all the cool people to be around and the fun, all the fun I only dreamed of. And it turned out somehow that it got all messed up. Because except for the cool brother who annoyed me at time even though I tried not to be annoyed by him, the rest was all gone. It was as if Amy had erased her entire personality to fit with me. I had problems with my mother and it turned out that she had trouble to and now I was studying and she was doing it to, the same way. It was nice that I could help her that way but I felt like it was going to back fire. In general when people do a lot of things to please you, they expect you to act on in return. Amy couldn't have changed from not studying to the study queen in one night. It had to back fire. I knew why Alex had been worried now. He had probably seen it coming all along. Before Amy had tried to please her parents and now that she had fought with them, I was second on the line.




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment