Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Thursday Fiction 149: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventure of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.

Let's start right where we left off last week.


"That's not what I mean, you didn't waste your time doing it, you had a book open in front of you at breakfast, you carry books around as if you were ready to plunge in as soon as I'm looking away. Alex does that too and I guess that's why he was always the smarter one and why you can take extra class and read tones of books at the weekend. I just had a part time job to get a little money and by some shoes every time I felt bad about myself. My shoes are the result of my emotional distress. I mean I love them but I can tell you what my parents sad to be just before I bought them. Shoes are my comfort food but also a reminder of every time Alex was everything my parents wanted and..."
"I got books," I said.
"What?"
"Every time I had a problem, every time a kid was mean at school about the black out, every time I was pissed to wake up at the hospital, every time something bad happened I asked for a book and I texted my dad about it. My mum didn't get them all but when I arrived at my dad's he had them all. The book in my room are like a reminder on how much I wanted my life to be different."
"Oh, I didn't see it that way."
"We are not that different, we just cope with family trouble a little differently, especially because my mother love shoes so much that I had to hate them. Everything she loves I wanted to be rid of because I don't want to be like her. I'm scared to death that I'll get a kid some day and she won't be everything I wished she was and I will hurt her for it just like my mother hurt me."
"I swear I'll never let one of my kids feel inferior to the other," Amy said.
The dizziness came back and I sad on the fridge.
"Are you ok?"
"I'm feeling dizzy, I don't know why, it never happened before."
"I'll finish here than we can eat," Amy said.
"We better go to my room. If I black out it's going to be a long and strong one."

We ate the chicken cream pasta in my room. I was ready to black out any time now. I had covered myself with my blanket and told Amy to just close the door if I was to black out and that there is nothing else she could do. I didn't want my parents involved. One week at the university only and I was already having black out related troubles, not of the kind I would have expected but that for sure couldn't be good.
"How long does it take for alcohol to leave the body?" I asked.
"I don't know, let me check," Amy opened a new browser tab and loaded the question into google. "It says for 3 beers it takes 11 hours."
"I only had half a glass."





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment