Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, December 15, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 151

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!


Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him. Viorel discovered that he can change into a wolf but that's not the easiest thing to handle.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

 
When I pushed the door, Nicolas was still at the table reading, and Perenelle’s face told me that she hadn’t been sleeping either. It was one of the thing I didn’t understand about young humans, at time they didn’t sleep so much but other times they could sleep all day without even feeling hungry. The hunger would always wake me up maybe because eating human food was pretty new to me in a way, baby humans also needed to eat during the night.
“You’re hurt,” Perenelle said coming toward me but Nicolas hold her arm as she passed close.
“Don’t go near him, he said.
I smirked. He did still not trust me. I wonder what I had done to lose his trust, the old Nicolas had trusted me a lot more but he had also played the garlic trick on me.
“I can sustain that, I had a lot to drink today”, I said remembering the two man I had killed to feed on them. It had been good. I was going to feed tomorrow night again, for the moment I just needed to rest.
Perenelle looked at Nicolas, it was that mute exchange between them that I had never been able to grasp. He stood up and walked toward me. 
“You see, you should have left her come to me and look at my injury, had I started to feed on her you could have reacted to protect her. If I’m feeding on you it would be a lot harder for both of you to survive, I said.
“Don’t make me laugh, Nicolas said he smiled. “I thought we were above jokes like that.”
“I thought we were passed you not trusting me with the biting, I said.
“Any encounter with your friends vampires I supposed, he said pushing the books away from the table and taking my swords and the satchel away. I realized that I didn’t trust him either I waited until he came back from letting the swords near the stairs to sit down.
“They are dead, the four of them,I said.
“That and feeding, he added taking my arm rashly and lying it on the table.
The pain blurred my vision again. I wanted to go to bed and to huddle up in my blanket but I knew that with this injury it would be impossible. 



http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment