Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, October 5, 2017

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (Book Review) (with video)

Today, I'm reviewing "The Murder of Roge Ackroyd" by Agatha Christie.
This is one of the Agatha Christie's book that I hadn't read yet. I'm not really sure how many more books from her I have left to read since I would have to compare the French and English titles as I read a lot of them in French.
This book is the fourth book in the Hercule Poirot series. You can read the Hercule Poirot book in non particular order though as they aren't really linked together since Poirot investigates different murders in different settings.
I had trouble to read this books. I started multiple times but I never actually managed to finish it until now. And I can understand why it is called the best Agatha Christie's book even though there are a lot that I really like.
It is on this list:

Hercule Poirot is Agatha's Christie's famous detective. He is Belgian so sometimes speaks words in French or has a weird English phrasing. People around him always tend to underestimate him even if he is pretty famous for solving cases. They all think he is a bit bizarre in the way he acts and speak which doesn't lead them to take him seriously but of course he doesn't care much because he knows his own abilities.
The story is pretty mind blowing. I mean for most of the book it's just a normal Agatha Christie story with Poirot going around gathering clues and talking to peole in the usual way. Though, when he finally tell you who the murderer is, it's totally over the top and you never could have guessed. In other Agatha Christie's book you can't get either but at least, you suspected. In this one, you can't even suspect. It's really amazing and you should just go and read it.





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment