Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, September 22, 2017

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Book review + Comparison with Persuasion by Jane Austen)

Today, I'm reviewing The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I think it was a good read. It was definitely an unexpected read.
There are several things through the book that keeps you on your toes, especially because the narrator is sort of biased in many cases.
We see the love story form in the present and in the past. In a way, Gatsby wanted to rewrite the past but all he managed to do was relive it and it didn't end well which was really sad. I sort of feel sorry for the guy really but this book also show the danger of building your entire life around another person.
I compare this book and especially the heroine behavior with the heroine from Jane Austen's persuasion. I think the book have a lot in common in the way the story is build even if Anne and Daisy behave in a complete opposite manner while facing the same problems. 

Here is the video




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment