Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, March 31, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 115


Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

The Jewish quarter was far from our house, I started to run, I didn’t care about being suspicious anymore, my hands were not hands anymore, they were full of hairs and they were becoming itchy, I was feeling my clothes losing grip on my. My shoes seemed to want to get away from my feet, I ran faster the air was feeling my lungs more deeply than usual, I could see even further than my vampire ability allowed me. It was a strange sensation all over my body, my muscles seemed to be released from the effort of running, my bones seemed to tighten all together. I was changing, I didn’t want to change but I was changing. I turned left to get to our street. It was enlightened by the light coming from the houses on bother side, it was too bright for my eyes and I knew I had to keep going. I jumped up to get the door handle more than I opened the door and irrupted in the kitchen, I was out of my clothes. Nicolas let down his cup of chocolate which scatter on the floor. The noise was strange to my ears like propagating in slow motion. I kept on turning in the room, I didn’t know what I was doing. I suddenly notice my clothes at the door and bite them to pull them in the room. 
Nicolas was near the wall, looking at me. I didn’t want to scare him but I had no choice, I needed to stay here to understand what was happening to me. I tried to talk but the sound stayed prisoners in my throat. I pushed the door, looking at Nicolas to make sure that he wasn’t going to do something stupid like call for help. I tried to stand up but that was useless as well. In the end I gave up and sat on my clothes in the middle of the room in front of him. He had his back on the wall and I was sure that he had no idea what was going on. I had no idea either, I didn’t know how it was possible for me to change like that without doing anything for it. I felt the moon calling me, it’s light outside was filling the entire kitchen. I find myself howling at it without wanting it, it was a cry coming from very deep inside me, I felt all the air getting out of my lungs, it was the best thing that happened to me in the past months, I felt the tension accumulated since I had left Sighişoara going away from me. I stayed sitting in front of Nicolas, staring at him, he was scared and somehow a part of me enjoyed it. I could feel my tales move by itself behind my back stroking the floor, I wanted to stop it but somehow it was difficult to control. I had so many questions that needed answered but every time I tried to talk I had those weird sounds getting out of my mouth. I didn’t know why I had transform so suddenly. It could have happened any time, it wasn’t the first time I had seen the moon shining like that. I had seen it before from the boat, and also in Paris, but as far as I remembered I had always need low in blood every time. 
Could it be that I needed blood to change? But then the second question was rising in my mind, did my mum need blood to change as well if she wasn’t a vampire? And why did I control it before but now I seemed to have change on my own. So part of me liked it, it. I had wanted to forget the vampires who had try to kill me and to get closer to the humans but I couldn’t fit with the human because I didn’t understand the way they though, the way their emotion always seemed to have the upper hand in their choices even when I had spend so long in their sole company. Nicolas was sliding against the wall, I had to keep him in check, I didn’t want to have the police coming and get me. Human generally didn’t like wolves much, they had a lot of tales telling how the bad wolves were eating sheep or children. I needed to find a way to communicate but I didn’t really see how.
 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

4 comments:

  1. *Screams* What?!!! He's a wolf!! That totally got me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure Viorel also got himself too.

      Delete
  2. I had to come back and read this again. I love the description of him changing and especially about his tail moving :)

    try adding me again for Camp NaNo, it should work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in someone else's cabin since I was alone in mine, lol. I asked her to add you since only the person who creates the cabin can add people. It's a German cabin so we can be bilingual in there.

      Delete