Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, February 17, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 109

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
 
I entered the street still hiding in the shadow to observe. When I was in the hunting mode, I was as light as a cat, I could go anywhere I wanted without making a single sound. There was a rich looking couple with their back on the wall, the woman was half hiding behind her companion, her blood was the most smelly in the group, she was afraid. I passed my tongue on my fang feeling like tasting her. The smell already was making me crazy. The man seemed to be repeated again and again that they didn’t have more money than they had already given, he was pleading for the two other men with knifes in front of him to follow them to their house and that he would give them anything. It was a very good and very bad idea at the same time. The street was safe for the aggressors, going to the house was way too much trouble even if the prize would be a lot better. They seemed to agree with me. The one closer to the couple dug his blade in the side of the man while the other was taking the woman away. 
The man bend slowly on the dirty ground of the street holding his wound with both hand, the blood was flowing out of him. Him too smelled like fear and smelled like death. That’s the moment they chose to jump from the roof. They were dressed in black, both of them, light like cats, vampire. I noticed there slightly tainted skin like my own. They had the smell of the castle in Transylvania on them. 
I knew who they were and they were fast, they had been feeding properly unlike me. Even with my meal from last night and my vampire over confidence I knew I was no match for them. I took a good look at the way they moved and the way the feed hoping that they wouldn’t recognize me here but I was safe, the smell of the blood they were sucking out of the bodies was way to strong and covered my own smell. The lady had fallen on the floor, at first she had started to yell without her voice vacillating at all but now it seemed that all the air had evacuated her lungs. She seemed terrified and she couldn’t move. 
One part of me was feeling the need to hold her and reassure her before digging my fangs into her neck. I had no idea where my fang had been coming from but one day as I was eating a particularly juicy piece of meat they had appeared making Nicolas carve for more tests on me. I liked my fang, especially during the hunt. They were more practical than my sword even though I would never have left my sword away while going out.
 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment