Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thursday Taster 131: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 
We start right where we left off last week
 
"I'm not so smart you know," Amy said.
I figured I wanted to tell her. A part of me really wanted to yell at her for dragging me into this but I had sorta dragged myself in wanting to play the super hero when I knew what would happen. Maybe I wasn't too smart either on this one. It could have turned out really bad. I didn't know if Mike-nick and Jimmy were the type of guy who could understand "no" when they heard it but I was glad I wouldn't have to find out.
"The only reason I graduated high-school is because Alex was always explaining me everything and letting me copy on his homework when he couldn't bother," Amy said. "He is the smart one of the two. He is the best one and I'm just my parents big disappointment. He could always get whatever he wanted and I just had to pretend it was ok."
"What do you mean by that?"
I had seen her shoes closet, there was no way her parents had been flavoring Alex over her, at least not with stuff.
"There was a competition between us, always. I guess that's what happened with siblings. My mother wanted a boy and she had Alex, I was just the extra thing that came with. We always stayed in his room for bedtime story and then I had to move back to mine. He could chose the program on TV, he received all the praise. And then, there was the grad, he is smarter than me obviously so I had no choice but to play best second. Alex works so hard and I'm not, Alex is the best at math because he is a boy, Alex is the best at language because he likes book so much. So I thought, if I was top of my classes here, if I could pull that of. I mean they already said that biology is way easier than physics so I'm not going to get praised even if I'm valedictorian but I thought if I could do that at least I wouldn't have to believe them anymore, at least I wouldn't have to see myself as a failure anymore because I could do something that my brother couldn't do. And the truth is that I don't know how to get there so when every one ran away from Tamara's big plan on how to be top of the year, I stuck around. I mean I don't know what I thought it was really it was just something I was desperate for."  
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment