Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Thursday Taster 128: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 
We start right where we left off last week.
 
"That's a bit of a complicated long story," I said.
"I'm sorry I dragged you into this, you didn't even really want to come in the first place," she said.
"That's ok, I knew something like that wouldn't happen I couldn't let you go alone," I answered.
The foot steps were gone but I was still not ready to go out, I tried to remember how long my other self had stayed in here. Not too long.
"You knew?" Amy said.
"Same as for the door, complicated, insane, not the right time to talk about it," I said.
I didn't even know why I mentioned it. I could have just said it was ok, I could have just said anything but maybe it was the adrenalin rush, maybe it was the half glass of punch or maybe it was that I was more concerned about getting out here than protecting my parallel world travel secret, I didn't care much about what I was saying.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Amy asked.
"If I had told you, you wouldn't have believed me and you would have come here alone," I said.
Amy bite her lips.
"I thought you had no idea what was happening," she said. "You didn't even know about the group and the grades thing they can do for you and..."
"We better go, they have been gone for a while, now we can get in the opposite directions and go back to the road," I said.
"I still don't understand," Amy said.
"Let's go," I said opening the door slightly. I looked in both directions and listened. There was no sign on anyone and they were no foot step noises either. It was now or never. I slipped out and started to run toward the road. From here it was all like I had done before. Amy was on my heal but she had trouble following without slipping and catching herself back. We weren't as fast as I was expecting we would be. I wanted out of here as soon as possible.
Amy pulled on my sleeve to stop me.
"That's there car over there." She said.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment