Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Thursday Taster 126: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 
We start right where we left off last week.
 
"I can't, I need to go back," she said.
"To take Tamara's place as Jimmy's toy?" I asked.
She bite her lips and looked back.
"I can't pass my classes without their help," she said.
"Pass you classes, like Tamara did," I said.
She looked back again. The group was forming behind her.
"Fred, I..."
"We gotta go, I'll take care of your classes," I said pushing her hard.
The door opened for us and the cold outside fresh air hit me hard on the face. I turned left, I had no idea where I was going except away from here and not toward the parking lot. The music had deafen me and all I could hear was the click of Amy's heals as she followed behind me until voices started to yell. Now wasn't the moment to think, now was the moment to run. So we ran.
"I can't do this," Amy said behind me out of breath.
I was feeling a little out of breath too and I was looking for clues, for marks I couldn't find. It was making me edgy. I couldn't recognize the streets as the one I saw in the other world. We were supposed to go to a party later and I wondered if that was the place where my other self had rescue Amy. This wasn't going to do. I stopped behind a bin and squatted, Amy hid behind me. The smell was atrocious. I could still hear the others voices yelling at each others. They seemed to be everywhere.
"What about we go back and ask Tamara to drive us back and I tell her I don't need their help for the class and to forget about everything," Amy said.
"And you think that would work?" I asked.
Amy gave me a blank look.
"Tamara is not really the one in charge here either," I continued.
"They are not so bad, I guess I think if we explained to them that we didn't know what is going on, we can just go to the party and forget about the rest..."
"Look Amy, I don't know what is going on, I don't need anyone's help to pass my classes and certainly not that kind of help anyway," I said.
"Tamara said I just had to go to party and date Jimmy a little," Amy said, "and he is gorgeous just..."
"You don't feel like dating him," I said.
"I don't feel like going with him in the back room to play base one hundred," Amy said biting her lips.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment