Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Thursday Taster 119: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 
We start right where we left off last week.
 
I didn't wait for them to answer. I closed my door as fast as I could and collapsed on my bed. My heart was beating faster than I recalled ever have felt her beat. I was scared. "She is going into shock," the help or nurse or whoever was there had said but it is the mind or the body going into shock? I had no idea and I needed to remember to look it up. I could still feel the fire licking at my body. I pulled up my sleeves to make sure that I didn't have the black traces on my arms my other self had had. I opened my notebook and started to write down every details furiously. I had to calm down. I needed to get it out of my system.
I look at the water on my desk. I was thirsty. I didn't realise how much until know but I stop my hand on the bottle and searched for more traces of fire on my body before opening it. Of course, this body hadn't been into a fire. I had been on Amy's bed that entire time and the closest thing to fire in that room was her Tamara dragon. The thought made me laugh and finally relax. I didn't bother taking out a glass and just drunk as much water as I could without making myself sick. It had the effect of getting the last fright about the fire out of me. I also wanted a shower but I knew there was no time for that.
I looked for the buses once more. I was finally really back into this world. The transition weren't always really easy but I guess waking up from the black out at the hospital was making them easier. I needed to build something familiar around here to help myself get back with reality. I didn't want to carry everything from one world to the next, that would have been plain weird. Still as I looked for the bus to save ourself tonight I wonder what was wrong with me. Why the different worlds suddenly seemed so connected. After all, I didn't see Tamara in the other world. I didn't know that it was tonight's party were there would be something difficult happening. It could be any party, any time. I closed my eye and took a deep breath. The panic was still present. In a very insidious form. I needed to go through tonight too to completely get rid of everything. The meaning of life, the meaning of death, the meaning of my travel and the meaning of blacking out just for me. That's what I was looking for and I didn't really kow why every one else seemed to be living their life as if they didn't know that there was something more beyond. There was no meaning in partying, there was no meaning in trying to fit in or make friends. It was all just a distraction from what we really wanted and what we really needed and the search for meaning but somewhere inside of me, I wanted to be friend with Amy. Maybe, if I really saved us tonight, that would also allow me to figure out the meaning to my trips. Why I was going there and why me.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment