Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Thursday Taster 118: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
We start right where we left off last week.
 
"She is doing that often, how often? Are you sure it's a good idea to bring her to the party?" Tamara was saying. "I'm not going there to babysit someone who can't even stay awake without drinking."
I closed my eyes again. I didn't want to deal with her just now even though I knew I had to. That's what it meant to be an adult and to leave outside of my mum's reach, I had to deal with other people. I suddenly wasn't sure if that was a good thing. I saw the fire in my mind. And death, that's what death really looked like at least I knew my other self was going to be ok, she was in a safe place when I left her.
"It's fine, she'll be back with us in no time," Amy said.
I could hear in her voice that she was uncomfortable. I guess if I had been a party girl that would have been a lot easier for her. If I wasn't blacking out out of nowhere, it would have been easier for every one.
"Is it narcolepsy or what?" Tamara was asking again.
"I black out, that's what it is," I said releasing Amy from having to explain.
"And?" Tamara asked her hand on her hips as if she meant business.
"And." I said.
"And what? How often do you do it? Should we get you a bed or medicine or what?" Tamara asked. She seemed a bit pissed.
"I black out, the end, the rest doesn't concern you."
"I'm the one driving you girls out," Tamara said eying me in disbelieve.
Damn, I just escaped death and she was going all offended on my as if seeing me black out once was going to irremediably alter her life or something.
"We can always stay her or take the bus, if that bother you so much to see me go quiet in your car for a few minutes," I wasn't putting with that diva crap. I knew I wasn't normal but I wasn't going to apologize for it. I'm different, not my fault and geez I loved my black out. Not to mention that I was two finger away from freaking out.
I stood up and walked out.
"Let me know when you are ready if we're still going."
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment