Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Thursday Taster 117: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
We start right where we left off last week.
 
Everything was red. I blinked. I didn't count how many time but everything was red around me and the emergency alarm was yelling in my ears. I coughed as I tried to breath and the smell of smoke caught me in the throat. I feel totally disoriented and out of it except that I was deep, deep in it, fire, everywhere. I guess this time my other self called me because she knew she was going to die and didn't want to be there to witness it herself. I turned around, there was nothing familiar about the place. I looked for a wall, tried to get to one. It was so hot. My sweat was liking in my eyes, she had probably been there for ever.
"Oh my god, I'm going to die."
I cried, there was nothing I could do except trying to move and find a wall. But my tears and the sweat were not helping.
What would happen to me if I was do die in my other self body? Would I die to in my real body? I could feel the panic grab me, my heart was beating faster and faster. Something heavy felt on my shoulders. Hands, cloved yellow hands turned me around.
I couldn't see the face I couldn't say anything. I couldn't hear anything but the fire. He picked me up and carried me through the fire. The orange flames were licking us. I tried to hide my face against his chest but It was to hot to touch anything.
We reach the outside. I still couldn't ear anything. He let me on the grass. Someone put a blanket on top of my shoulders. I realized I was cold suddenly and started to shiver. There were people around, their lips were moving without sound. I turned to look at the fire. I didn't know the house that was burning, I had no idea.
"She is going into shock," a unknown voice said.
Then my mother was in front of my shaking me. She slapped me across the face but I didn't react. The entire scene seemed like a strange deja-vu, or an old movie, moving in front of my eyes in slow motion. Someone grabbed my mother and she continued yelling at me but she was tuned out, I didn't know what she was saying or what I had done wrong. Someone turned me around and walked me to an ambulance. I sat there for a while and....
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment