Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, August 26, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 84

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.

I followed her quietly. Her footstep were cracking in the fresh snow, I was so silent that it was the only think I could hear, with my heart beat. She turned in a narrow street with no street light. Even if I hadn’t been here to get her, that kind of behavior would have gotten her kill or worse one night or another. I jumped in front of her. She didn’t even sigh or yell, she just looked at me, intensely. It was as if her eyes were asking me to kill her. I wasn’t really prepared for that and I stayed looking at her few minutes. She was the first to break the connection by turning on the side to walk pass me. I turned around and grabbed her from behind holding her neck and her shoulder to reveal the arteries. As I plunged my fang in her throat, she was not crying anymore.
“Thank you for ending this”, were her last words before she fainted in my arms as I drunk the blood out of her body until the last drop.
I had never thought people could actually want to die but this girl wanted to. I knew that after having done what I needed to, I would gladly join Sorina in the other world. I let her body rest in the untouched white snow. She was looking like an angel and I didn’t find the heart to hide her body as I would usually do. She was clinking at a medallion. I took it and opened it, there was a drawing of a little girl inside and a document showing the day and cause of the death. I rolled the paper back and placed the medallion back in her hand. At least those two were now together in a safe place. I pull up the collard of my coat and hurried home. I entered by the window of my bedroom, I had taken the habit not to let the Flamels know about my whereabouts when I was out for a drink. They didn’t need that to worry about on the top of protecting themselves from the looter. The house had been visited several time, mostly at night and they had been awaken more brutally than old people like them should have been. Every time I had to take our undesirable guests outside but no matter how hard I tried to question them about the origin of the job they were supposed to do, I always ended up killing them before having a sufficiently accurate answer. They were tough guys for sure but telling that I was soon getting bored of playing with the food would be more accurate. Driving them nuts by making one fight the other, hanging them upside down high above the ground or killing one while pretending that the other one would be safe because I wasn’t that thirsty and ending up drinking his life out anyway was fun at time but I didn’t really like the fact that they were coming to my house to get killed. I liked the track better, following someone, learning their move, feeling the anxiety built up in them as I was making them know I was behind them. That was a lot tastier and purely donated blood.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment