Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Thursday Taster 110: Parallel Slip



Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
We start right where we left off last week.

"It's not that bad, I washed my hand three times but I think the smell is in my clothes and I better get used to it, I have experiment three times a week," Amy answered. She didn't seem bothered at all, she took the rest of the rice and two fish fingers and went to sit on my bed, there was only two chairs in my room. I hoped the smell wouldn't stick on my blanket.
We had more classes in this afternoon. It was never ending, it was worse than in high-school time wise but it felt a lot different. I was happy to go to class with Alex. I was happy to take notes on mainly subject I liked and I was happy not to look like a weirdo if I was trying to discuss the class with him or someone else.
There were nice people in our group and when I fainted in from of them, Alex made sure they didn't make a big deal out of it. We decided to take the extra tutorials during lunch breaks on Wednesday and Thursday. It wasn't anything required but it was given by fourth year students and I wanted to see how many things they knew to see how many things I would know in four years. I blacked out twice before going back to the dorm and never did I go back to the spaceship. I was happy about it. I didn't want that universe to interfere in the way I was behaving near Alex. I dreaded going back there and see Fin again. I wondered why I had to go there so often and even if I liked it in the beginning because if felt a lot easier than to visit a different universe every time, I felt like I was getting too involved with it. It was taking so much brain space. It was on my mind constantly.

I don't remember the last thing I saw, I didn't have time to blink either, I felt the rope around my wrist finally break and someone was thrown on the floor beside me. "You!" I said.
The Pithy of Delphi, in her white dress covered with blood was lying on the floor.
"Of course," she said smiling and that reassuring smile had nothing to do on the face of a twelve year old girl who happened to be prisoner in a tent smelling like camel. 
"But why?" I said.
"Because we are at war of course," she said sitting up.
Her arm was bleeding, she had a bad cut along it. I took the rope away from my feet.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment