Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thursday Taster 109: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 We start right where we left off last week.

He almost giggled. Alex was cute, somehow, cuter than lieutenant Fin. And he didn't ask me about the black out, as if it was just something normal, as if people would do that and I wasn't a weirdo. Everybody always asked me if I was ok after fainting but he didn't and I appreciated that. I let him read about the black hole wondering why I went to the desert. What kind of question was that answering? Did I need to learn something about escaping or being trapped? And it hadn't been four hours between this black out and the previous one, barely one hour and a half. Everything was messed up. I thought that no matter what my dad would say, no matter what the Pithy of Delphi had said. These trips were random. My other self was probably panicked and she needed me to get her out of there. Once I had showed her how to do it, she was on her way and didn't need me anymore so she could just continue everything by herself. That made a lot more sense than me needing to be prisoner in a tent to answer a question about myself. I didn't feel like a prisoner in this class, just totally bored out of my mind.

The choco-croissant was so good and still warm and the tea was bitter enough to keep me awake all the way until lunch. We were supposed to meet Amy and to cook something in the B building's kitchen. She wasn't there. I and Alex prepared ourselves some rice and panned fishes. Amy never showed up.
"Shouldn't you call her or something?" I asked Alex for the third time.
I think it was something about my education. If I was to be missing for 5 minutes after the school bell rang, my mother would be totally freaked out.
"You better get use to it starting now," Alex said. "My sister is highly unreliable."
"Still, what if something happened to her?" I asked.
"That's what parents want you to believe, that anything wrong can happen to you, that you can be kidnapped, hit by a car or whatever when you are out but seriously, what is the probability that anything would happen to you? Let me tell you," Alex said, "pretty low."
"Still," I started as he bite in his fish finger.
"Hello," Amy's head passed through the half opened door.
"What did I tell you?" Alex said.
"Sorry to be late, the experiment was a run on," Amy said. "Do you still have food for me?"
"Yes, but you need your own plate and fork," I said.
I only had two of each and Alex was already using my second on. Amy entered the room with her stuff, she smelled like the chemical they used to preserve dead thing, formol or something.
"You could have taken a shower," Alex said. 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment