Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Thursday Taster 107: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 We start right where we left off last week.

There was nothing more boring than an economy class. It was killing me. I kept on yawning and I had trouble to keep my eyes open. It was supposed to last three hours and it was compulsory. The university estimated that we needed to learn macro economy because we were all going to start our own company. There was no way I was going to start a company, I was seventeen and I didn't even know physics yet. How was I supposed to start my company now? If I ever intended to start one, I would learn economy after taking that decision and by that time things would most likely have changed so what they were teaching us just now would be irrelevant. I had escaped economy in high-school and I was grateful for it but there was no way other it.
"I'm glad this is only for one semestre," Alex said.
"That's one semester too many," I said.
Of course, every body around looked as bored as we did but I wasn't blacking out. Would it be too much to black out at times when my life didn't depend on anything? I took my General Relativity book out. I didn't need to listen to the class they had given us notes of the power point presentation anyway.
Alex smiled at me.
"I need one of those," he said.
"This too makes people sleep," I said remembering the history student I had met last night, he was probably still sleeping, I was feeling a bit jealous.
"Yeah but at least we would know why," Alex said. "This is dead easy but I can't even concentrate."
"You can't concentrate because it's dead easy," I said. "We need a challenge to keep our brain from dosing off."
"So do you have anything about black holes?" Alex asked.
My heart started to pounce in my chest. Why would he asked about black holes.
"Yes," I answered. I didn't want to make a fuse.
"I was thinking, maybe there is a way to time travel through a black hole. Technically, if it slow down everything it has to slow down time so," Alex said.
Alex was just on about his time travel project again but it just hit me. How were we supposed to have a black hole propulsion if black hole were supposed to absorb everything. The last thing I saw was Alex face.
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment