Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thursday Taster 106: Parallel Slip



Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 We start right where we left off last week.

"I'm not going," he said passing a hand nervously in his hair.
"Amy wants to go and there is no way to make her think otherwise," I said cleaning up my desk from the remnant of my breakfast.
"She can go, it doesn't mean that I have to go," he said.
"I don't think it's really safe for her to go alone," I answered.
"I spend my entire life with my parents making me babysit her," Alex said. "I chose a different building on purpose to get away from her. Are you going to make me babysit her too?"
"Isn't it what you are doing just now, checking for her to really go to class every morning?" I asked.
He is not Lieutenant Fin, he is not Lieutenant Fin, don't fight with Alex.
"Actually, I just wanted to see you," he said.
"Me?"
Once again he passed his hand in his black hair and stopped it in his neck nervously.
"I want my notes back," he said but I knew he had something else on his mind.
"Oh, of course," I said. I took his papers and gave them back to him. "Do you mind if I brush my teeth before going to class?"
I walked to the sink, I didn't need for him to answer. He waited in the corridor. I felt like crying. I didn't want to go to the spaceship anymore, I wanted to stay in this world where Alex was Alex and where I didn't have to think about black hole to get to my father.
"Are you going to that party?" Alex asked.
"I don't know, I don't want to go but she can't go alone," I said.
"Why? She is not your responsibility. And what if she gets drunk again and you black out?"
"I don't know," I said.
"Just don't go, we could watch a movie or study or something and she'll call if she got a problem," Alex said. "hum, you're maybe right," I answered. But I wasn't sure. I had seen Amy in that red dress before, with those heals and we had people running after us. "Do you have a map of the buses for in town?"
Wether I was to go with Amy or not, I still needed to prepare our escape route.
"You should have one too, it's in the package they gave us on introduction day," Alex said.
"Then, I'll have a look later," I said. "Let's go!"
I took my General Relativity book. I intended to start on it again, if it was good for one thing, reading it was keeping my thoughts away from my mother, it might as well keep my thoughts away from Lieutenant Fin and the mix feeling his presence around me gave me about Alex. 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment