Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thursday Taster 105: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 We start right where we left off last week.

I stormed out of the room. It was a machine room and I had no idea where I was. That's what was coming and what Michelle didn't want to hear, that's why I was there, to protect her relationship with Lieutenant Fin. Now she could pretend that he never said any of this to her. She was safe but what about me. How was I ever to look at Alex again without thinking about Lieutenant Fin's grin when he hit exactly where he knew it was going to be painful.
He stopped me by the wrist.
"Michelle, wait, I'm sorry," he said.
"Get the hell out of my way," I said snapping my hand away from him.
"I'm sorry," he said.
"I don't know what the hell is going on, I don't know why this ship is divided in two teams, one that wants to go to Antares and the other that would do anything to stop me from going there. I have no time for your little insight about my personality, you are not happy with who I am or what I do then go find someone else," I said.
"You can't mean that," he said.
"If you are not going to accept me for who I am, what's the point of even trying to have a relationship with me," I said. "So yeah, I'm a spoiled brat with mummy and daddy issues. You've got a problem with that then stay the hell away from me."
"You can't do this on your own," he said.
"I'd rather die doing it on my own than to have to fight without you about who I am," I walked pass him and opened my eyes to see the ceiling of my room.

I was back and Michelle had to take care of Lieutenant Fin. Somehow, I wasn't in a hurry to see Alex for class.
I tried to tell myself all breakfast that it had been about Michelle and not about me and that Alex wasn't Lieutenant Fin and that it was something totally different but still it felt so real. Michelle's father was somehow as bad as mine and he had left her too and still she was going after him, just like I did and she too had problems with her mother that the rest of the world would never understand. Her mother was probably so perfect in Lieutenant Fin's eyes. So he probably never understand her or even believed her when she told him about her life. And I started to think that Alex wouldn't understand me either.
Someone knock at the door and Alex was in front of me. I couldn't snap my last conversation away from Lieutenant Fin's world. What if Alex thought I was just a spoiled brat who liked to faint during class and always had to borrow his notes.
"Amy already left for class with twenty minutes left," he said, "I really didn't think she would be that serious about university."
"Well, there is a party on Thursday," I said. Anything to keep him from asking questions about me or my black out, anything to keep him away from being related to Lieutenant Fin by more than just what they looked like.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment