Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thursday Taster 104: Parallel Slip



Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
We start right where we left off last week.

"You can't be serious," Lieutenant Fin said.
I blinked three time but I was in an unknown room, alone with Lieutenant Fin and it looked not like a place where I should be.
"I don't know," I said.
"Listen, I'm risking everything to help you rescue your father so you need to think that straight, I thought that was what you wanted," he said.
"That was what I wanted but..." I started.
I had no idea what we were talking about and I started to think that there was no way for me to ever understand this world. So he wanted to help me rescue my father, so he knew where my father was and probably Michelle did too except that she never actually told me about it, not that we shared anything more than her body.
"Are you afraid of Tucker? Because he can't do anything," Lieutenant Fin said.
He seemed so different than the Lieutenant Fin I always saw in broad day light in front of every one else that I felt like running away from him.
"Listen, I..." I said.
"No, you listen," he said. "All your crap about not being yourself at time and about your father knowing why and us not being able to be together before he explains it to you, I took it. All your crap about being the captain so I couldn't even call you Michelle in front of people anymore and you pretended not to know me, I took it. Now, I'm doing that to be with you, if you are going to let me down just say it and I'm out of your life."
So Michelle didn't want to argue with her boyfriend so she called me here to do it for her, nice, very nice. I just wanted to have breakfast before class and I didn't need that.
"I need to talk to Tucker," I said.
"What for? I don't understand, I have been keeping you away from the old smuck because you asked me to, I don't understand you anymore, can't we just go back like things were at the academy," he said.
"Things have changed," I said.
"I know, it's about your dad, it's all about your dad, it always have been," he said. "He abandoned you, alright, he wanted nothing to do with you. Why can't you see this?" "You don't know anything," I said crossing my arms in front of my chest.
"I know everything, I never told you what I thought about it but this time you really need a reality check," he said. "You're just a spoiled brat rebelling against your mother, she was there for you, she raised you but you just decided to follow your dad. What do you think will happen when you meet him? Do you think he will hug you and tell you how much he missed you and loves you. That's not going to happen because he most likely doesn't want to see you." 


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. Well that's telling her! I wonder how she'll react to that. Great taster

    ReplyDelete