Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Thursday Taster 101: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
We start right where we left off last week.

"Hey," he said.
"Hey," I answered that was a normal way to start a conversation.
"Are you done with the book on General Relativity?" He asked.
So that was somehow Michelle's dad on the line, somehow I wasn't surprised that he decided to call me, at the same time he didn't have to care so much about my father's life or whatever was to happen in this side of the multiverse.
"Not yet, I can't understand most of what it say," I said.
"Are the girls trying to get you to Antares?" My father asked.
"Yes," I answered. How did he know that? It meant that in Michelle's world he was still alive and he was going there too, "Are you on the ship?"
"No, no," he said. "You can't go to Antares, no matter what you do, follow protocol, follow Tucker but don't go to Antares."
"Tucker? Why? Isn't that our mission?" I said.
"So how was your first day at school, did your mother call yet?" my father asked.
"Dad?"
"I know you don't want her around but she could have called, right?"
I thought maybe Michelle's dad was gone and so I only have mine left and I had to play along.
"She didn't," I said, I didn't know how I felt about it, I was too busy thinking about Antares just now to think about anything else.
The water started to jump out of the pan, I squeezed my phone between my ear and my shoulder, turned down the fire and added my spaghetti.
My father was talking about his day at university and asking how things were here and if that was different. It was as if he had no recollection of the first part of the conversation. I nodded and hummed. What had he said? It was like he could see through his eyes but his body and mind were behaving on their own. I thought he had memories of it all but thinking about it he couldn't do any maths so the memory might have been only of doing things.
"Yes dad, of course I blacked out," I said.
"Jonas want to know how the story is going in the spaceship," he said.
"At the last meeting, I used a black hole to propelled us to Antares," I said.
"That sounds like a dangerous thing to do," he said.
"I know, just I don't have enough knowledge about that world to do the right thing, I guess," I said.
I could almost feel him frowned.
"You know, you could just feel the blank with your imagination and be a writer, I know it's not as glamour as a being a physicist but you can still get the literature Nobel price," my father said.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment