Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, May 6, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 68

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

Perenelle hold Nicolas’ hand a bit tighter. I could feel his disappointment on his own kind just like I had learn to be disappointed in mine the day they had been trying to kill me. The only reason all my hope where not gone was that my father had been looking out of me. Even though I could understand what Nicolas had been through I couldn’t see yet what this had to do with me or even with the event of the night.
“Perenelle I think you can prepare us some warm cider, this night seems to want to be long”, Nicolas said interrupting his reflections on mankind.
Perenelle got up and took some glasses out of the cupboard. I looked at her put the pan over the fire and pour the cider inside. A strong smell of apple filled slowly the room.
“After years and decades without any real visible progress in my research people started to thing I was stuck. I also felt I was but I knew for sure that a great discovery doesn’t come to you straight away. It’s something that is build up and the progress can’t be defined by a linear curve. It’s a bit one step forward, three step backward but I knew I would get somewhere in the end. But people can’t see that, they don’t understand the process, they understand only results. Even if for me in the end the process has become a lot more important. They stop talking about me, they stopped interaction with me or associated with me for research, thinking I was crazy. And few years ago they became right in a sense. I got sick because I was so close of finding the way to get the philosopher stone. I would work all night, forget to eat, forget everything except work and I was also behaving strangely around people, due to lack of sleep or of having my brain working in too many directions at the same time. But people started to talk again somewhere saying that I had lost the plot, other that I finally found it. None of them were right but that brought them to be interested and malicious people started to appear, pretending to be nice. But I had grown old. I was wiser than to associate with the first to sweet talk to me. So I refused funding and I refused to take apprentices. I hoped in a way that they will be lass and give up like before. I finally couldn’t bear the pressure and stayed in bed for few months. They still came asking me for the stone and asking me why I was not using it to save myself. I was really looking like a dead man. But one day few months ago as the last of them was walking out of the bedroom after another refusal. I had this sudden idea. I told Perenelle to get me my notes and I started to walk again for the bed. Late that night I had the formula and two days later I had the stone.”
Nicolas got up as Perenelle started to pour the warm cider in our glass. He walked toward the room and moved one of the portraits of an old lady who was looking vaguely like him. There was a trap behind it and he took a little wooden box out of it. His initial were written on all side in golden letter. He put the box in front of me.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment