Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Thursday Taster 94: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.


"It does, but because you can test it now doesn't mean that it won't ever be able to be tested. I think human beings are in advance over the natural world. The natural world is finished and will never change, our abilities in the natural world, what we can do with our end depends on it we learn from in but our mind goes way beyond it so what we can do goes way beyond it too," Alex said.
"I don't follow you," I said.
"You have a cellphone right? You can talk and see the person you talk to even if you are very far away," Alex said.
I nodded.
"Well someone invented it just few years after the real phone was just barely created, in his head," Alex said.
"Jules Verne," I whispered.
Alex smiled.
"I think he somehow traveled to the future and managed to get the objects in hand, to see them," Alex said.
"How?" I asked, it was a little bit as if Alex had just said that me traveling in parallel universe was possible. I could bring back the plan of the spaceship, I could have it built, right her, in this world.
"You don't think I'm crazy," Alex said, "everybody say that I underestimate imagination, but for me it has to come from somewhere, for something trivial, maybe that's what people say, maybe it's all in your head, but when it gets detailed and complicated and way before your time, I don't think so."
"Then is it the reason why you're coming with me to neurobiology class?"
He looked at me intrigued.
"No, I came here because I'm awake, I have nothing to do and you can faint wherever apparently," he said.
I frowned thinking that maybe he didn't think carefully about all the implication of studying imagination.
"If imagination happens in your head, and if Jules Verne time traveled in his head, I think you should learn about the brain," I said.
"Is that why you are going there?" Alex asked.
"I want to know why I faint," I said.
"You think they'll have an answer?" He looked at the building unconvinced.
"You think you can prove time travel with physics, even though nobody did anything else than refute it, and I think I can figure out why I faint with a mixture of things," I said.
"So physics, neurobiology and what else?" He asked.
"Everything this that will come to my mind," I answered.
"But you can't learn everything," Alex said.
I entered the building more decided than ever.
"Watch me," I answered.
Only half of the amphitheater was filled up.
"You didn't tell me that wasn't a first year class," Alex said.
"Does it matter?"
"Well see the number of students, it's easier to ask questions," Alex answered.
"Don't worry, I had my dose of books on the topic," I said. "But if I faint, you're on your own."

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

2 comments: