Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, March 25, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 62


Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape. 
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
“I wanted to remove one of the vampire weaknesses. What I read was that vampire needed blood in large quantity every night to regenerate their body after a day of hibernation. But you can eat normal food so you don’t need. By suppressing the need for regenerating with the garlic I was also suppressing the need to get blood when you can’t. A normal vampire would have starved to death. I didn’t know about the other consequences.” He said looking sorry.
I felt a bit like an experiment. He had been trying things on me as if I was a guinea pig and I didn’t like it much. But at the same time, I couldn’t really blame him, in the state I was when I arrived here, I was probably looking highly dangerous and the fact was that I really thought about killing them both for their blood. I calmed down a little.
“Tonight I need blood”, I said.
“I know, that’s why I had been increasing the dose lately, I knew that as soon as blood would be close enough you would need some”, he answered.
I walked to toward the window and opening, jumping on the ledge. It was harder than I thought. My body had become incredibly human.
“I’m going this way and we’ll talk when I get back, no need to worry Perenelle about it, that will be our little secret”, I said winging at him before disappearing in the night. I could hear him laugh a little but I know he was nervous, probably the guilt of knowing that I was going to kill another human being.
I didn’t know if this was another effect of the garlic or just because I didn’t have blood for a long time but I had lost that feeling I had when killing. Generally I found if fun, it was something special to scare the pathetic human before killing them, it was like preparing the food. I had seen Perenelle cooking in the kitchen, she was singing softly while preparing the chicken and I was convinced that it was the main reason why it tasted so good. The same way I was smiling while preparing my food this night and I was happy. For the first time I didn’t have that human voice in my head telling me that I was going to feet on my own kind and that was really relaxing. Nothing was holding me back when I saw the light of my blade reflecting in the eyes of the men sitting in front of me and begging for mercy. He didn’t have any mercy for me that night when he discovered that I was sick and had chased me to the bridge and then patiently waited for me to get out of the water. He had been laughing with his friends sure that they were going to get everything good out of me. Now it was my turn to take all that was good from him. And there was not much I was interested in except the sweetness of his blood. It took me just four hours to find him, drink, have a bit of fun and come back to the study room the same way I went out. Nicolas was waiting for me. I checked myself in a mirror to remove the last drop of blood in the corner of my lips. I had been careful and the only blood on my clothes was due to the blood test he had performed earlier. I sat on my chair looking at him. He hadn’t say anything yet. I knew that talking about the hunting party was out of question, so I just pull my sleeve back up.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment