Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, September 18, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 35

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you
want to!
Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
I put it in my pocket, thinking it could be important. I looked around for a while and found two more of them. I decided to take them with me as well. Now, I needed to hurry back, sunrise wasn’t far away and people would start going out and I didn’t want to be the only alive person in the church. As I was about to walk out of the room, I threw a last look in the room and some light reflection in a corner attracted my attention. Behind a dirty curtain, I found some golden jewels in which were carved the same inscriptions than on the diaries, the priest golden cross. I wrapped it in a piece of curtain and run away in the light of the rising sun.
I was only few streets away when I heard a horrified scream. The body of the giant Igor had probably been found. It was a question of minutes before the priest’s body was discovered and that people start looking for me. Being covered in blood would also be extremely suspicious. As I was running in a dark alley, I noticed some stairs leading to the roofs. I decided to go hide there, being careful not to leave evidence of my way. I needed time to think about what had happened tonight, and I was more than ever determined to go to Paris. I needed to meet Nicolsa Flamel as soon as possible. I was sure that he would be able to teach me how to decipher the diary and the magic hidden behind it. I didn’t know if it would help me but anything related to vampires seemed to be one more step toward the knowledge of myself and to a solution about going back from where I was coming from to see my family again.
Being a vampire was more dangerous than I expected. I was sure that the clan would try to find me, I had never imagined having other enemy and something inside me was telling me that the priest had just been a little fish. Being a vampire deprived of his powers wasn’t making things easier. The smell of the blood was giving me a headache whenever I tried to resist drinking it and I started to feel the thirst more and more oppressing due to the blood on my clothes. My senses didn’t bother to notice that this particular blood wasn’t drinkable anymore.
I started to take my clothes off and to wipe the blood of my skin using them. I wished I could have gone back to the inn to get some water, hopefully I found some rain water remaining on the roof tile. I took from clean clothes from my bag. Having the blood away from me instantly started to make me feel better.
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. I love the line, "My senses didn’t bother to notice that this particular blood wasn’t drinkable anymore."
    You have such great descriptions! I feel my writing lacks this.

    ReplyDelete