Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, September 11, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 34

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!
Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. Last week the priest wanted to crack a deal.
Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
“You have no idea what you are refusing: power, wealth, eternal youth.” He smiled, “be a good child, try to understand or let me explain it to you.”
I started to laugh, that was the only thing that I could actually think about, offering me, power, wealth and eternal youth really felt like a joke. I never wanted any of those and thinking that someone could be drive by them seemed ridiculous.
“As you want”, he yelled pushing my sword with his suddenly. “I didn’t intend to share anyway.”
All that time he had been pretending to do something else, he was just preparing for the fight. I had been surprised by the move and if my instinct hadn’t been enhanced by the blood and hadn’t make me jump on my right side, I would probably have lost my life at this very moment. He pushed more, attacking me restlessly until I was blocked in a corner between the wall and the table.
“That’s the end”, he said.
With my left hand I could feel a small knife on the table. Suddenly, a foggy image came to my mind. My father was in front of me smiling.
“You see son”, he said “you train one hundred years being right handed, then”, he changed his sword to his left hand, “one hundred years being left handed. You won feel any differences between your sides but nobody will know about it.”
“Dad”, I heard myself yell as the image disappeared.
The priest was looking at me half amused. I seized the knife and planted it in his face, just stocking it in his ear, without a sound he felt on the floor. Power was fleeting. Wealth was anywhere you could bring it by work. And eternal youth, I smiled looking at the little knife in my hand, one hundred years right handed, one hundred years left handed and the rest as it pleased you.

I dried my blade on his sleeve and stepped over his dead body cautiously. Once again the smell of blood was starting to make me fell nauseous. I wanted some. I had a quick look around, this place was looking like a tortured chamber for sure but some part of it served as a sort alchemy laboratory. It was enlightened only by candles and for the first time I realized how dark the room was. It was deep in the ground and had never seen the light of the sun. As a vampire, I had probably lived most of the time in the dark but it felt very different. There was an evil presence in the room that wasn’t created by the dead priest any longer. Even while trying to see something in the darkest corner I couldn’t, my ability to see in the dark seemed to be annihilated that was something oppressive, no wonder that human babies were afraid of the dark. As far as I could remember, before tonight, I had never really been afraid of the dark. Tonight everything was telling me to get out of here as soon as possible, and I knew it wasn’t foolish. I had had the feeling before I met the priest as well. Being afraid doesn’t help, at the contrary, fear lead to haste and mistake. I took a deep breast to calm myself down and started to look carefully around. Concentrating on a task was making me breathe more easily but I still kept all my senses awaken. This room was full of dark magic; the sight of it disgusted me. Boxes containing dead animals and bugs, divers pieces of human body, bottles of coagulated blood were strewn over the shelves and well labeled. So much blood spread for that. I took a book; strange symbols that I couldn’t read covered the cover. As I opened it, it looked like a hand written diary. Unfortunately for me, my German was still very limited.
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. So brutal where the knife ended up,but I loved that! Was not expecting him to stab the priest there. I also really liked the description of the darkness is the room, I could feel it. And yes he should get the hell out of there. ;)

    ReplyDelete