Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, July 24, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 27

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!
Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna.  The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail.
Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
I started to talk coldly.
“First of all, I don’t have a clue about what you are saying. I don’t know what game you are playing, but I don’t find it funny anymore. So if you can at least explain me what’s going on, that would help all of us.”
The priest pulled away from me and looked at me with his eyes full of madness.
“I use vampires to have the dreams travelling in time. Generally this girl’s blood helps them predict the future very well”, he said pointing at the girl. She huddled up a bit more in her corner. She still didn’t dare to sit.
“And now”, he continued. “It is your turn to do it for me.”
I shook my head amused. The colosse was taking the girl away from her corner again.
“I don’t drink blood”, I said. “never did. But if you could bring me a glass of water, I wouldn’t say no.”
I was lying. I knew that if I could drink some blood right now I would become a lot stronger that they would have believed.
“Stop making fun of us”, he rushed on me and take my chin in his hand. It seemed to me that he had been floating above the floor but I took it as the movement of the robe. “I mastered stronger than you.”
I opened my mouth slightly to make him noticed that I had no fangs to bite the girl. I remembered the look of surprise on the inn owner’s face when he had discovered, and here it had the same effect. He took few steps back with incredulity.
“Impossible!” he exclaimed.
I said really slowly to make sure that the message was going to get through this time, trying to reproduce the effect that I had had on the lady.
“I am not a vampire. I don’t know what kind of joke this is.”
I could see my words making their way in his head. He turned around and walked to the door followed by the colosse who had left the girl fall on the floor in his surprise and by the inn owner. I heard the keys turn in the locker and their steps in the stairs before I sighed. It was over, at least for the moment and I needed to find a way to go out of here fast.

I looked at the girl, frighten and huddled up in her corner again. This time she was sitting on the floor against the wall as if it was the most reassuring thing in the world.
“Can you untie my ropes?” I ask. 
That was a bit harsh but I was in a hurry.
She looked at me puzzled and didn’t move. I pretended that it didn’t really mattered to me and started to try to move on the chair to go near the table where the inn owner had left my belongings. With or without her help I would have to get out of here anyway.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment