Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, July 17, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 26

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!
Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.

“I’m so sorry”, he said looking at my reaction. He had that strange look for a second, expecting me to yell or something but I didn’t. The water was cold on my hand, but nothing more. I felt a bit relieved but not enough to let him know. He started to look at my hand. I was looking at it too, almost expecting it to disappear suddenly or to see the water change into fumes while making a huge hole in it. But nothing happened, my hand remained the same. He was starting to be more enraged than smiling. It seriously made me want to smile and I probably would have if I didn’t try that hard not to hurt my wrist with the rope attaching me. He dropped some more on my hand, on my other hand, on my face, nothing happened except the feeling of the cold water running on my skin. If an aura of evil hadn’t been going out of him, I would have thought that he was just hilarious. But the inn owner’s smile had disappeared and that seemed to be a good sign. It was making me think that the anger of the priest might change target.
“He is no vampire”, the priest turned around to the inn owner, “I told you I needed one, weeks ago, I told you I needed the dreams and that’s what you get me, you just wanted to take advantage of me and to get paid for a job that you were not able to do properly.
He walked slowly toward the inn owner and I was glad not to be the one seeing his face at that moment.
“He is, he is, I don’t know what trick he is using but I’m sure he is. Look.” The inn owner said hastily. He took a cross in the case and put it on my chest. Once again, nothing happened. I took a deep breath to add to the effect, vampires don’t breathe.
“But that… that’s impossible, I know he is, I found that in his pocket.” He showed my little notebook, full of my dreams. That drove me mad. How did he dare reading it? How did he dare, I started to move madly on my chair wanting to free myself. They were entering my privacy and I wasn’t going to let them.
The priest took it from the inn owner’s hand.
“Let’s me see”, he said, I could still feel the anger in his voice but now there was also a point of interest.
He turned the few pages on which I had written before closing it and putting it on the table behind me, I could hear the noises of the notebook falling on the wood. Not seeing him was making me nervous. I liked to see with my own eyes what was going on.
“Interesting”, he said walking back in front of me and he glanced at me. “I need the dreams and you are going to give them to me.”
He put both hands on my face and plunged his eyes in mine like looking for something inside of me. But this time, I wasn’t scared anymore. I was angry, very angry. This notebook was the only thing I had from my past and there were no chances that I was going to let them have anything else from me now.
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment