Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thursday Taster 52: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
The end of that trip to school is not quite what anyone would have expected, but it's Frederique we are dealing with.

The teacher was in the room and she was cleaning with two other pupils. I remembered we used to wet the blackboard at lunch time to make sure that it was clear from chalck in the afternoon. It was very annoying and we always ended up dirty with itchy hairs in the process. I thought I would never become a teacher just because I hated the chalk board so much. I hated the feeling of chalk in my hand and that I couldn't even wash them after writing on the board in the middle of class when I was called to the board.
"Here is the letter," I said handing it to the teacher.
"So you really are his sister after all," the teacher said reading and verifying my father signature. "It was quite a comotion today about it."
"I don't see why," I answered
"Jonas has a particular talent to make things up, and your trip in africa when you saw the girafe was particularly awesome," the teacher said.
"Yes, I like Kenya very much. Have you been there?" I asked.
"You can't mean it was true," she said.
"He told you about the hotel where the girafes come to see you through the windows at breakfast, rigth?" I said.
"Anyway, tomorrow I can tell the children that you really are Jonas sister," the teacher answered.
"That would be nice," I said. "If you would excuse us, we are waited at home."
I turned around taking Jonas away. I didn't like that teacher, she reminded me vagely of someone but I couldn't figure out who.
"So you told them about Africa," I said.
"You said so right, but how did you know about the giraffes," Jonas asked.
"I have the same question," I said.
"It's my favorite animal," Jonas answered.
"So we were just lucky then," I answered.
"Maybe, or maybe I can read your mind because you are my sister," Jonas said jumping in front of me without releasing my hand.
"Ok, try it, what am I thinking about just now," I said.
"You are not going to faint again, are you?" Jonas said with a light of worry in his eyes.
"Of course not," I answered before seeing the sky again. It was filled with grey clouds. I thought Jonas caught me and I blinked three times. Why did I have to travel just now, that was a lot more in a day than I was used to.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

2 comments:

  1. You have the story moving along nicely. Good taster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she fainting? And where is she traveling to? And can Jonas read her thoughts? You have indulged me with a great hook to the next scene. The more I read about this story, the more I am compelled to read further.

    ReplyDelete